Download the case study
WayPoint: engaging users with a digital platform at live music festivals
Category: Social, Entertainment
Services: Mobile Application Development
attendees every year.
Time to develop the entire platform.
Range for functional messaging through Bluetooth.
WayPoint wanted to develop an app that would allow concert-goers to engage with one another and also have all useful information about the event at the tip of their fingers.
- They wanted to build an open platform to organize, manage and attend the music festival all the while engaging the users pre, post and during the same.
- They wanted to offer real time messaging with friends without any internet connectivity.
- They also wanted to give users the ability to get directions to a friend or any POI using compass with distance to walk, and festival information at fingertips including schedule and artist info.
We started with a comprehensive assessment of the code they already had and made sure it was following the standard architecture patterns along with other software protocols.
- We built an iOS app using Swift and Android app using Kotlin. We leveraged native features like bluetooth, compass, GPS, etc; to provide a seamless experience to the users.
- We used the Distance Matrix API by Google Map to design an built-in-compass for the map to enable tracking of friends and point of interests.
- With the use of ‘Bridgefy’ SDK for offline messaging, we implemented chat feature to deliver messages via intermediary devices connected via Bluetooth.