Download the case study
CarSaver: A complete one-stop solution for all your car buying requirements
Services: DevOps, Migration,Cloud Architecture Design and Review, Managed Engineering Teams.
Reduction in latency
CarSaver is an online marketplace that helps buyers find and finance new and used cars. They have a nationwide network of certified dealers, so you can be sure that you are getting a quality car. CarSaver also offers a variety of financing options, so you can find the best deal for your budget.
CarSaver had an on-premise infrastructure and was facing a lot of issues due to this. The main problems CarSaver encountered with their on-premise infrastructure were:
Inefficient Legacy Systems: CarSaver relied on outdated legacy systems that were not optimized for their current needs. These systems lacked integration capabilities, resulting in manual and time-consuming processes for managing inventory, sales, and customer data.
Limited Scalability and Flexibility: The existing infrastructure posed limitations on CarSaver’s ability to scale their operations and quickly adapt to market changes. They struggled to accommodate spikes in customer demand during peak periods, leading to missed sales opportunities and customer dissatisfaction.
Data Silos and Lack of Insights: CarSaver’s data was scattered across various systems, creating data silos and hindering their ability to gain comprehensive insights into their business. Lack of real-time data visibility and analytics capabilities prevented them from making informed decisions and identifying trends to drive growth.
Proposed Solution & architecture
To address the challenges faced by CarSaver and empower them with a modern and scalable AWS infrastructure.
Integrated Cloud-based Platform: Simform designed and implemented an integrated cloud-based platform using AWS services, tailored to CarSaver’s specific needs. This platform consolidated data and functionalities, enabling seamless integration between inventory management, sales operations, and customer relationship management.
Scalable Infrastructure: Simform leveraged AWS’s scalable infrastructure to ensure CarSaver’s systems could handle varying levels of demand. By utilizing services like Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2 and Auto Scaling, CarSaver gained the ability to automatically scale resources up or down based on customer traffic, ensuring optimal performance and eliminating missed sales opportunities.
Data Centralization and Analytics: Simform implemented a centralized data repository using AWS services. This enabled CarSaver to consolidate their data from various sources, allowing for real-time data visibility and advanced analytics capabilities. CarSaver could now extract meaningful insights, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions to drive business growth.
Metrics for success
- By eliminating the need for physical hardware maintenance, CarSaver saved approximately 25%.
- CarSaver’s migration to AWS resulted in an impressive 99.99% uptime, ensuring uninterrupted service availability to its customers.
- By leveraging AWS’s global infrastructure, CarSaver achieved a 50% reduction in latency, providing faster response times to its customers.
- AWS Lambda:- We ran ETL jobs on AWS Lambda for generating prospects for the client, for marketing, for nurturing these prospects, generating deals for the users.
- Amazon Aurora:- Database storage solution , we used for database compliance purposes also.
- Amazon CloudWatch:- We used AWS cloudwatch to generate alarms and for application log generation and as a monitoring solution to monitor the resource utilization metrics.
- Amazon cloudfront:- We have used cloudfront to serve static content.
- Amazon S3 buckets:- We used AWS S3 buckets to store configuration files and to store customer data files.
- Amazon Elastic Container Service:- All application services run in the container service. Thus we used the Amazon
- Elastic Container:- Service for application deployment as a container orchestration tool.
- Elastic Load Balancing:- The AWS elastic load balancing service is used as a service load balancer.
- AWS Auto Scaling:- The client wanted a scalable solution. So we used AWS autoscaling to scale up or down according to incoming traffic/load.
- AWS DMS:- With DMS, we efficiently replicated, transformed, and loaded our databases, ensuring minimal downtime and data loss during the migration process.