ATG: A global online auction marketplace
Category: Auction, eCommerce
Services: AWS Control Tower Implementation, Managed Governance Hub, Multi-Account Strategy, Security and Compliance Auditing, Operational Efficiency Enhancement, Resource Optimization
Reduced efforts of onboarding newer AWS accounts
Reduced manual lookups through a centralized single dashboard
Reduced database costs
About Auction Technology Group(ATG)
Auction Technology Group is a digital marketplace that allows bidders from various countries to access a selection of goods curated by trusted auctioneer experts. Auction Technology Group has expanded across the UK and US markets through numerous marketplace acquisitions.
- Developing a comprehensive control of databases, APIs, and environments across systems
- Needed a unified data repository for their platform
- Ensure configuration uniformity across AWS accounts
- Enable custom notification for each configuration change in the system
- Required an infrastructure to handle increased traffic, transactions, and users at scale.
Proposed solution and architecture
- Leveraged AWS Control Tower to develop a centralized governance and management hub for comprehensive control.
- Used AWS Control Tower CF StackSets to record config changes for all accounts.
- Used a centralized approach coupled with reporting capabilities of AWS Control Tower to build a unified resource.
- Configured multiple AWS accounts to enforce policies standardizing configurations chances using AWS Config.
- Cloudwatch Rule is configured to forward notifications from local SNS Topic to Security Topic using AWS Control Tower Baseline templates.
- Used AWS RDS, Autoscaling, AWS EKS, and AWS Lambda functions to create a scalable infrastructure.
Metrics for success
- Reduced 30% of efforts required to onboard newer AWS accounts
- Reduced 45% of manual lookups through a centralized single dashboard
- Created a unified repository for all the data integrations, reducing database costs by 30%
- Enhanced configuration management and enforced uniform policies.
Metrics for success
- AWS Config – Used AWS Config to keep track of resource configuration history, monitor changes, and ensure compliance auditing.
- AWS Cloudwatch Rules –Used CloudWatch rules to monitor Config Compliance Change events, IAM Key Age, and Auto Scaling events.
- AWS Control Tower – Used Control Tower for Security and Compliance, Resource Visibility, and Simplified Onboarding and Account Management.
- AWS Simple Notification Service(SNS) – Used SNS for real-time notifications for any alerts triggered
- AWS Simple Queue Service – Used SQS to decouple microservice to interchange data between 2 services
- AWS Cloudformation – Used Cloudformation to provision resources in the AWS account via IaaC
- AWS EKS – Used EKS to host the product on managed Kubernetes service which scales, shrinks, applications based on demand and requirements