3Birds: A marketing automation and analytics platform used by auto dealership
Services: Managed Engineering Teams, Cloud Architecture Design and review, AWS Graviton migration, Price per performance optimization.
- 1 million data daily syncs
- 40% better price/performance
- 25% better computing performance
3Birds is a popular marketing automation and analytics platform used by 1000+ auto dealerships. It was founded to solve the challenges of automobile dealers, such as dealing with overlapping solutions, changing customer behavior, and difficulty tracking customer journeys. 3Birds is a data-driven platform that offers a highly personalized customer experience.
- 3Birds wanted to create a serverless architecture to manage the automated backend services as and when needed.
- It wanted to create dynamic dashboards that provide insightful metrics to dealers from the data coming from various sources.
- It wanted to build an analytics engine to help 1000+ car dealerships get real-time KPIs like lead conversion rate, time to closure, repair orders per day, etc.
- It also wanted to utilize system integrations at scale for integrating dealership platforms to major CRM platforms like Hubspot and Salesforce.
- Cron job was implemented in EC2 to invoke Simple Email Service(SES) for sending customized marketing emails.
- Multiple AWS Laambda functions were used to sync 1 million data daily
- Amazon API Gateway was integrated as a webhook, which facilitates the creation of lightweight user interfaces.
- Amazon S3 bucket was used for storing customer replies to promotional emails
- Leveraged Amazon GuardDuty to detect attacks and protected AWS. SNS & CloudWatch alerted Lambda failures.
- Used Mautic to create customized marketing automation platforms.
- Dealership and customer relationship management(CRM) systems were seamlessly integrated to sync customer data on vehicles, services, and lease plans.
- Set up a CI/CD pipeline that includes automated testing to frequently and reliably deliver software updates.
- Used Apache Airflow and Celery to collect, transform, and load data from different sources.
- Data was queried using natural language processing in Tableau to create meaningful insights from the raw data sets.
Metrics for success
- Synced more than 1 million data daily
- Improved application performance by 40% while maintaining cost efficiency
- 60% less energy consumption with higher output compared to EC2 instances.
- AWS Graviton: Graviton offers a better price-to-performance ratio than X86-based EC2 instances.
- AWS Lambda: A serverless compute service that runs your code in response to events and automatically manages the underlying compute resources for you.
- Amazon EC2: A web service that provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud, designed to simplify web-scale computing.
- Amazon GuardDuty: A threat detection service that continuously monitors for malicious activity and unauthorized behavior to protect your AWS accounts and environments.
- AWS CloudWatch: A monitoring service for AWS resources and applications that helps you collect and track metrics, collect and monitor log files, set alarms, and automatically react to changes in your AWS resources.
- Amazon API Gateway: A fully managed service that makes it easy for developers to create, publish, maintain, monitor, and secure APIs at any scale.
- Amazon SNS: A web service that coordinates and manages the delivery or sending of messages to subscribing endpoints or clients.