Download the case study
Swift Shopper: Faster checkouts and customer analytics for modern shopping experiences
Category: Retail, eCommerce
Services: Microservices Architecture, Cloud-native App Development
Retail stores covered across the US alone.
Reduction in checkout time.
Number of data points under processing.
Swift Shopper came in with a vision to revolutionize offline shopping. With $10 million scored in funding, they wanted to make shop-goers lives easy by cutting down the checkout time significantly. To do this
- They wanted to build an easy-to-use mobile app to provide personalised shopping experiences to users.
- They wanted to build an analytics platform that could provide fine reads into the customer behaviour.
- They wanted to build a scalable system that could integrate thousands of retail stores and millions of customers.
Our team worked with Swift Shopper’s CTO and PMO to onboard engineers. We did a comprehensive assessment of their existing system and provided solution inline with modern engineering principles.
- We broke away from monolithic architecture to a system design that breaks platform into smaller decoupled services.
- We developed a database architecture to enable a cloud-based data warehousing and ETL for scalable syncing between Swift Shopper and retailers’ data.
- We designed the new system around the share-nothing distributed architecture on AWS to improve load balancing at the web and application tiers.